|Ethos Position Reference||EPR004586|
|Position Title||Repair Engineer|
We are currently recruiting for a Repair Engineer to join our Steam turbines business unit in Houston, TX. The purpose of this role is to provide technical support for the repair of rotating equipment. The role will perform necessary engineering calculations, and studies to confirm the soundness of recommended repairs to steam turbines, gas turbines, compressors, and pumps.
- Provide engineering recommendations and guidance for repairs on turbomachinery within the repair facilities.
- Interact in a productive team-based environment with other engineering staff, repair specialists, shop operations team and shop personnel to ensure high-quality turbomachinery repairs.
- Meet with customers, and their technical staff to support/explain repair methodology and offer unique repair solutions that fit the client's specific equipment needs.
- Work closely with other engineering departments throughout the EthosEnergy organization to support major projects, or repairs taking place outside of the Houston repair facility.
- Support operations and quality control management with failure investigations, non-conformance reporting/dispositions, and corrective actions.
- Manage changes/updates to repair procedures, and provide oversight of implementation for new repair processes/procedures.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Delivery of effective, high-quality repair solutions in accordance with established shop processes and procedures.
- Improvement of competency through training and development, including attendance in turbine related training courses, user groups.
- On-time delivery of repair solutions to suit operational demands.
- Delivery of repairs solutions based upon customer agreed on budgets.
- Strong communication skills. This role will require internal and external communications on behalf of the engineering department.
- Strong computer application skills. Microsoft office products, engineering software’s for calculations, and PLM controlled document storage systems.
- Three (3) years’ experience in providing engineering support and production documentation for turbomachinery repairs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- CAD design experience a plus
Houston, TX, USA