|Ethos Position Reference||EPR004570|
|Position Title||Project Engineer|
We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer within our Projects and Services business unit at Gas Turbine Efficiency (GTE) in Orlando, FL. This position shall provide leadership, direction, and functional support in several focus areas for the Engineering team.
- Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop initial designs/concepts for project drawings for skids, for piping, equipment, vessels and control systems;
- Review and ensure that the product design, drawings, and shop work packages fulfill all requirements of customer purchase order; identify and get clarifications on any discrepancies;
- Develop drawings, datasheets, bill of materials, and any additional documents for procurement of materials and equipment;
- Work with production, project management, and field service teams to prove technical integrity;
- Support project manager with input to ensure projects are completed per requirements and on schedule;
- Providing real-time status of project, including issues and highlights, to stakeholders weekly throughout project schedule.
- Responsible for the electrical/control overall success of the Project
- Maintain a log of project questions/issues raised by internal team members or client.
- Work closely with our remote International Engineering Team in India for complete design package
- Coordinate weekly project update meetings
- Review the engineering, design, and procurement with the Application/Process Project Engineers
- Process and electrical design/knowledge for OEM and aftermarket Fluid and Mechanical market.
- Control of Master Document Lists
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Technical Process & Electrical expertise support for Sales activities.
- Ability to develop sequence of operations/alarm lists in conjunction with the Process Team
- Factory testing and validation of system performance.
- Electrical Process knowledge for design of: Electrical and Control components, Low Voltage Power distribution (480 VAC/120 VAC) and process control instrumentation.
- Electrical design of packaged industrial systems including panel layouts/wiring diagrams.
- Motor Controls, VFD application, and component selection.
- Mid- range PLC logic knowledge, testing, and troubleshooting. A-B platform preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D Models
- Process and mechanical design/knowledge of OEM and aftermarket Fluid and Mechanical Modular Process Skids;
- Application engineering and equipment specification/selection for engineered equipment, instruments, and system components;
- Ability to develop Process and Instrumentation (P&ID) drawings;
- Knowledge of Good Engineering Practices (GEP)
- Knowledge of piping, equipment and instrument drawings;
- Provide technical and process improvement (through direct reporting) to the Engineering Manager.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Solid Works design software;
- Familiarity and ability to read/understand Piping and Instrument Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams, Electrical Schematics, and Control Logic Diagrams
- Working understanding of typical industrial codes, including: NEC, CE, CSA, ASME, AWS, ANSI, API, ISA, and OSHA;
- 3 -5 years experience: - 60% Electrical design/wiring –primarily 120/460V - 10 % Control Panel experience - 20% Knowledge of process controls ( Valves/Instruments/Transmitters) - 10% Process and mechanical design/knowledge of Fluid and Mechanical Modular Process Skids
- Experience in design and implementation of custom designed process skids.
- Fluency in Microsoft Projects, AutoCad, and Solidworks
- Candidate must hold a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited university.
Flexible, TX, USA